Thursday, January 1, 2009

What else?

Okay, I've got a couple more things to say. Actually, a lot, really, since it's been so long since I had a blog.

1. I just noticed that most bathrooms (not all, but most... count the ones in your memory, if you don't believe me) have it so if you're sitting on the toilet, the sink is on your right. Right? Told ya. Why? Discuss.

2. Certain things make me cry, for no specific reason that I can think of. One: church (and I'm--don't tell my mom--pretty much an atheist). Two: plays and works of theater. (Something to do with people living their dreams maybe? Dunno). Three: West African dancing. And sometimes, Four: people being nice to each other.

3. A few months ago I finally figured out my taste in music (using my patented method of youtube and wikipedia) and I'm somehow so proud of myself I want to tell everyone about it. The Church! New Order! The Killers! Metro Station! Post punk! Emo! Trance! New Wave British synth pop! But why is this so exciting to me? It's weird. Kinda reminds me of in the end of Runaway Bride (I know, girl movie, bleh)... but you know how at the end, she tries all the kinds of eggs, and then she goes to see Richard Gere (I know, again, bleh.... BLEH) and she's like, "Eggs Benedict. I... LOVE... eggs benedict. Turns out I hate all other kinds of eggs! But I like eggs benedict." Kind of like that. It actually takes effort to decide what you actually like and what was just other people telling you what you like. (Which I could use as a segway into other things but I won't.)

4. This has happened to me like... 5 times? Mmmm... probably more than that. Every so often as I'm drifting off to sleep, I'll start to dream about something, some situation that's so silly, so absurd, so funny, that I'll giggle to myself as I'm drifting off. I wake up to myself laughing. It's my favorite.

5. Also, my next favorite kind of dream is when I'm walking upwards, exploring somethimg, with the warm sun overhead and cold, crunchy snow underneath.

6. I am cold right now. A little bit hungry, actually, but I should go to bed 'cause it's 4:41 am.

7. You all are reading my blog!!! Yayyyyyyy look at me! Blogging is funny. It makes you feel all famous or something.

8. Also, and I'll tell you all this 'cause you know me.... it has now been, so far, in my life, 5 billion things I have been excited about, and 1-2-3-, count 'em, 3 human beings. But yay! 3 human beings! Actually more than that, obviously, with friends that I adore and think are the coolest and stuff. But you know, physical attraction. 3 times! That's exciting for me, although it does put me in a gray area of asexuality. (Oh, do you not know about that? Most of you do. That's how I roll. Here's some stuff. ...God love the internet.)

9. I'm thirsty. Mmm, water.

10. Today is January 1, 2009. Or, in the history of the Earth, 4,540,002,009 years and 1 day. Good to know where we stand, isn't it?

Have a happy new year, everyone.

1 comment:

  1. I wrote a huge long comment on my iphone and then it wouldn't post. So in a fit of frustration I cursed my phone and then promptly forgot what I had written. So here is a very rough recreation.

    1. So happy to have the blogginess back! Ever since you ended your last blog, I've had a lonely extra 10 minutes every day that I have no idea what to do with. Try as I might, I could not fill those empty minutes. Until now! Now I have blogginess to fill the void!

    2. My bathroom at home has the sink on the left (albeit in a different room). It always seemed... off. Now I know why.

    3. I've always loved that eggs thing in Runaway Bride, but was too embarrassed to admit it. But yes. I will scream it to the world. I LIKE MY EGGS SCRAMBLED WITH CHEESE!!

    4. I had a dream the other night where I had a baby and had no idea what to do with it. I left it alone at home and went to work. Hmmm. A sign of my insecurities?

    5. I just lived your dream #5! Skiing in Utah! On a sunny day with crunchy snow, exploring! You are so jealous!

    6. I like that you make lists. I do too. It helps to organize your thoughts.

    7. Write more blogginess. Go.

    ReplyDelete